Friday, March 28, 2014

PSALM 28 - PRAYERS IN TROUBLED TIMES

 Read Psalm 28. 

With David discovering the `way' to overcome his fears through praise, seeking the Lord and waiting on he now continues to pray anytime of the day and in any circumstance.  In this short psalm David is in great distress and is calling out to the Lord for help. He desperately needs to know that God is hearing his prayers.

Saul was seeking him every day and he was always surrounded by evil men. He didn't want to be tempted to fall into their evil ways. Mostly, he did not want to face his enemies and his trials alone. Yes, he surrounded by Saul and his enemies every day, but he was never delivered into their hands.

"Behold, God is my helper.  The Lord is the supporter of my life." 

The same can be true when we face our trials. Come to God each day in prayer and we may still be surrounded by our `enemies', but we can have peace in their midst, and can rejoice in our ultimate deliverance.

1. Do you have this peace and joy in the midst of your trials? Come to God today in prayer and seek His ultimate deliverance.

David had a bold and earnest belief that God would answer his prayers. Now he prays with thanksgiving.

"Praise the Lord for He has heard my cry for mercy.  The Lord is my strength and my shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out with songs of thanksgiving." Psalm 28:6&7

2. Do you have a bold an earnest belief that God will answer your prayers?  Pray with thanksgiving. 

David concludes with a short prayer and prophecy for his people - the Church:

* The SHEPHERD will SAVE us.
* The SHEPHERD will BLESS us.
* The SHEPHERD will FEED us.

All we need to do is TRUST IN OUR SHEPHERD!


Holy Bible, New Living Translation, 1996, Tyndale Publishers

New Matthew Henry Commentary, Edited By Matthew H Manser.











No comments:

Post a Comment